Your Canon printer won’t work until you setup and install all required drivers and software on your computer. There are two different ways to install the printer driver, either you can install the driver from the CD that came along with your printer machine or you can install the driver from Canon’s official website. This blog will explain in detail how you can setup and install your Canon Printer on the computer.
First, learn how to connect the printer to the computer. There are different ways through which you can do it. You can use a USB cable, parallel port cable, or SCSI cable and connect the power plug to the power outlet. If you are using a Canon Wireless printer then connect it to the wireless router or the RJ-45 connection. If you want to print from Smartphone or tablet then you need to have a wireless printer.
Once you have connected your printer to the computer, you can setup printer and install its software. Every printer comes with an installation CD that helps you install your printer software on your operating system.
- Insert the CD that came with your printer.
- Then click on Setup or Install file.
- If you have downloaded the drivers, then run the downloaded setup file.
- Follow the installation wizard and once you are done.
- Test the printer to make sure it is working.
If you don’t have an installation CD then you can do it from the manufacturer’s website. Follow the given steps for the same:
- Open Canon official website and select “Support” from the left of the website.
- Then select your location.
- Choose “Consumer and home office”.
- Then from “Product Family” dialog box, click”Printers & Multifunction”.
- Now from “Product Series” scrollbar, select your product series.
- After this, from the “Drivers & Software” dialog, select “Drivers & Software” of your printer model.
- Select your operating system and click the Download link.
- Double-click the downloaded file and then follow the onscreen instruction to setup Canon printer driver.
Once you are done, you can use your printer through the computer. In case, you face any issue while installing your printer driver and software then contact our printer technician on Canon Printer Support Number UK
If you just want to install your printer driver and no additional software then you can do it with the help of given instruction. But if you have already installed printer driver and software following the above steps then these steps are not required. Then use these steps only if you encounter any error during installation.
- With your printer turned on, open the Control Panel.
- Click Printers and then click add a Printer icon.
- When Windows Printer Wizard opens, click next.
- Now select, if you are installing a local or network printer. In case, the printer is connected to your computer, click “Local printer attached to this computer” and click next.
- When asked for the location of the printer driver, browse to the directory of your drivers or point to printer’s CD.
Hope, after reading this you will not encounter any issue in setting up your printer to your computer.