Paper jam is the most common and most irritating issue that almost every printer user faces. CANON Printer users are no exception in the list, although the printer is of great quality and provide smooth functioning. You can easily avoid paper jam if you just find out the causes of it. If you are already a victim of this issue then contact a printer technician at CANON Printer Support Number UK 08007563354. Listed below are some reasons why mostly the paper jam problem occurs.
- The paper you are printing on is skewed.
- The paper is tearing or is having dent in the middle.
- The output tray is too full.
- The paper is not properly loaded in the tray.
- The paper tray is too full.
- The media type doesn’t match the type selected in the printer setting.
- Any obstruction is blocking the path.
- The paper is too long.
- You are using mixed media or paper type.
There are so many things that can cause paper jam. You need to make sure that you don’t commit above mistakes to avoid this issue. Although, if you are already having the issue then you need to clear the jam, for that you can try the following method:
- Turn off your CANON Printer.
- Disconnect the power cord from the back of your printer, this will allow the paper feed roller to turn freely.
- Open the rear access door by turning the dial counter clockwise and pulling the door towards you.
- Also check the pressure roller on the rear access door, and make sure that it is clean and can turn freely.
Note: If the roller couldn’t turn freely, then replace the rear access door.
- You can remove the jammed paper from the rear access opening. If you can’t remove the paper completely then remove it from the front. But be careful; don’t tear the paper in the process.
- Also remove the remaining paper from paper supply tray.
Remember: There should be no crumbled or damaged paper in the tray.
- Reinstall the rear access door and reconnect the power cord on the back of the printer.
- Turn the unit on.
Once you are done clearing the paper jam from the above method, try printing again. If you can easily print then good, otherwise you will need a proper assistance to deal with this paper jam issue. You can dial at CANON Printer Helpline Number UK and find out alternative solution for this issue.